Coddington Canoe PaddleRegular price $220.00
Coddington Lake is to thank for the Lost Forty, a 40-some acre stand of old-growth White and Red Pine in Northern Minnesota. Only saved from a lumberjack's ax by survey error. One of the largest and last stands in the state that stood during the height of the fur trade, when French traders would have paddled past and portaged through these majestic woods. During the winter of 1882 Josiah A. King and his survey crew mistakenly plotted an 'x' for Coddington Lake in the wrong location, setting it squarely where the Lost Forty now stands, saving this rare stand of trees because they were supposedly underwater.
- Availability: Ships in 1-2 Business Days
- Finish: Wood has an oil finish / Paint is finished with a SPAR Polyurethane
- Paddle Durability: Cabin Cruiser
- Blade Dimensions: 5" x 26"
- Colors: Matt White, Poseydon Blue, Vivid Red
- Wood: Walnut, Aspen and Western Red Cedar
- Weight: 25.00 Ounces